Viewing web content and apps on multiple devices such as phones, tablets, laptops, and desktops is great but, responsive web design is what makes your time spent on these pages more enjoyable.
Responsive web design is what causes screen size to automatically fit the device the content is being displayed on. Optimizing the contents’ layout through responsive web design creates a clearer view users. When viewing a website on a mobile device, the site usually zooms out so that the full page can be viewed. By optimizing and adapting the content for these devices, the developers, designers, or digital publishers may consider the website to zoom in on important information.
Responsive Web Design and Your Business
1. Responsive web design makes for a better user experience which makes your business grow
2. It's Google’s preferred design pattern and helps rank businesses higher in search engines making it more visible
3. Internet access makes up 60% of adult cell phone activity and it's important users view a responsive site
4. 74% of users say they will leave a page if it takes longer than 5 seconds to load
5. 30% of potential customers leave your site if it is not mobile optimized
6. For every 100 milliseconds in load time, sales decrease by 1%
7. Websites optimized for the format they’re viewed on create a faster website load speed and easier navigation
8. Having a mobile site is an extra avenue to market your business and increase email lists
Someone on a smartphone searching a specific store would find it useful if the site zoomed in on the address/map, phone number, or services, rather than seeing the entire page. Smartphone users are more likely to be on the move and have less time to navigate the page compared to someone at a desktop computer. Content the viewer is looking for could be too small if it isn’t optimized correctly for mobile devices.
Stats on Mobile Users (American Adults)
90% own a cell phone
58% own a smartphone
32% own an ereader
42% own a tablet
Software Solutions Consulting, Inc. has extensive experience with incorporating responsive web design into site development to help client businesses. Island Ski Tours is a site that offers ski trip planning to a variety of mountains for ski and snowboard enthusiasts in which Software Solutions optimized with responsive web Design. We can convert your existing site to include responsive web design to help your business grow! Click here and check out what we did for this project! The images below show responsive web design for the site’s different formats.
Click here to contact us and we can discuss this more. You can check out more of our projects while you’re there.